Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mom's Day

Yesterday was the Queen's birthday and Thai mother's day. Told N it was mother's day, and asked what she was going to do for me. I suggested she behave. And she said: "จะเกาหลังให้" ('gonna scratch your back'). Hmmm. I'll take that.

M was working and the nanny was off so I had N alone. Took her to the toy store and she headed straight for the Thomas trains and then to the kitchen play set. She stayed there for awhile, pretending to make soup while chatting away to herself.

When we left, she was good and didn't demand anything. I picked up some bubble solution and a couple shape and number puzzles that understandably, weren't very exciting for her but I let her get some Thomas trains from the egg vending machine. The very nice cashier offered to open the machine and let us pick the ones we wanted. It took awhile to choose but in the end, N was happy with little Percy and Toby wind-up trains, and a model of Cranky the crane.

1 comment:

TL said...

what a good girl!